Don't let confinement stop you from marking some of life's best moments. With these tips you can do the best homemade birthday cake as usual and celebrate in your own way. Invite friends over for a video call and the party is over.
It doesn't matter if you are very experienced in the kitchen or a complete amateur, because at Brasão Rosa you will find the perfect pieces to make a sparkle. We have the tips and the recipe. Take note!
9 tips for making the perfect cake
If you are not used to making cakes, then these tips are essential for a result as beautiful as it is tasty:
- First, read the entire cake recipe;
- Before baking the cake, make sure you have all the ingredients you need and place them near you;
- All ingredients must be at room temperature – unless the recipe says otherwise;
- The mass must not wait, otherwise its properties may change. In this sense, the oven must be preheated and the pan greased before cooking;
- Always sift dry ingredients, this will make them integrate more easily with the other ingredients, leaving the cake dough lighter and fluffier;
- Do not mix the dough after adding the dry ingredients, so after adding flour and the like, it should be gently spread with a spatula;
- Do not open the oven within the first 20 minutes of baking the cake, as the temperature variation in this period is vitally important and may prevent the cake from growing;
- Always do the toothpick test before removing the cake from the oven: skewer the cake, if it comes out without or without dough, then it is ready to remove;
- You should only unmold the cake after it has cooled, otherwise you run the risk of breaking it.
Strawberry truffled cake with whipped cream
Ingredients for dough
- 4 eggs, with separate whites and yolks
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 cups of sugar tea
- 2 cups of wheat flour tea
- 1 cup of boiling milk tea
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- Margarine to grease
Ingredients for the filling
- 300gr of melted chocolate for cooking
- 200gr of cream
- 1 cup of ready-made whipped cream tea
- 1 cup of chopped strawberry tea
Ingredients for topping
- 1 cup of whipped cream tea ready to decorate
- Strawberries to decorate
- Preheat oven to 180º
- Beat the egg whites.
- Add the yolks, butter and sugar and beat until smooth.
- Keep beating, add the sifted flour and boiling milk until creamy.
- Add the yeast and mix lightly with the preparation.
- Place in the oven and place in the oven for about 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling: mix all the ingredients.
- Place the preparation in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- When the cake is cold, unmold and cut in half.
- Spread the filling on one half, add the strawberries and then cover with the other half.
- Place the whipped cream in a pastry bag and decorate around the cake.
- Cover the rest of the cake with strawberries to taste.
- Keep in refrigerator until serving.
The indispensable articles
At Brasão Rosa you can find some of the products to make your homemade birthday cake recipe even more special.