With this second period of state of emergency, restaurants have more limited hours and, therefore, it is necessary to bet on other alternatives, such as providing take away food or even carry out their own delivery or integrate food delivery platforms.
It is a measure that affects thousands of people, including businessmen and employees, but also customers, who are deprived of access to a place of leisure – and, for many, even of necessity. However, while pandemic numbers continue to increase in Portugal and around the world, the rules are always the same: minimize contact and stay at home whenever possible.
And in times when it is even possible to go to a restaurant to enjoy a moment of relaxation with family or friends, then, know that among the procedures to be adopted to reduce transmission by Covid-19, the reduction of maximum capacity of the establishment (interior, including balcony, terrace), in order to ensure the recommended physical distance of 2 meters between people.
In addition, whenever possible, the use of outdoor areas, such as the terraces and the take-away food service, properly accommodated in disposable packaging, like the ones on sale at the Brasão Rosa online
Likewise, restaurants must provide customers with systems for hand hygiene with alcohol-based solution or with soap and water at the entrance and exit of the establishment.
The General Directorate of Health (DGS) also recommends that, whenever possible and applicable, prior scheduling be made to reserve seats.
Times in effect during the state of emergency for restoration
The limitation on restaurants has also changed. Therefore, in cafes, pastry shops or similar that are located within a radius of 300 meters from an educational establishment or higher education institution, there is a limit of four people per table, as well as in shopping centres. In other cases, the limit is six people. The exception is for people who belong to the same household.
moderate risk councils
Restaurants can stay open until 1:00 am, but customers can only enter until midnight.
high risk councils
Restaurants must close until 22:30.
Very high and extremely high risk counties
During the week, restaurants may close until 10:30 pm; on weekends and holidays of December 1st and 8th, close at 1:00 pm; and on holiday eves, the closing is at 3 pm. In these last two cases, the restaurants can continue to work in a home delivery or take-away regime, as long as no customers enter the commercial space.
What precautions should you take when going to a restaurant?
As the food and beverage establishments are places frequented by several people, there are additional measures to comply with, for everyone's safety.
Therefore, it is never too much to remember:
- You must always sanitize your hands when entering and leaving the establishment;
- Respect the distance between people of at least 2 meters, except for people who are part of your household;
- Comply with all respiratory etiquette measures, namely: cover your nose and mouth when sneezing or coughing; use a tissue or your arm and never with your hands; throw the tissue in the trash; wash your hands whenever you blow, sneeze or cough;
- Avoid touching unnecessary surfaces and objects;
- put on the mask both inside the establishment and in take-away services;
- Favor payment through other means that do not involve physical contact with the employee, such as contactless, MB Way, among others;
- Avoid staying for long periods in the restaurant and leave after finishing your meal.
Here in pink coat, we are in solidarity with all Portuguese people, especially those most affected by the pandemic, whether in terms of health or professionally. Therefore, we leave the call for compliance with the rules, however difficult. So the farther we go, the quicker we'll come back to hugging.